Owning a commercial property comes with a lot of responsibilities including maintaining both its interior and exterior. Not practicing due diligence can leave you exposed to lawsuits, liability concerns and more. Before winter is here, make sure to get your commercial property winter-ready.
Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Get overgrown branches away from the roof and electrical wires. Give them a good trim so that they don’t become iced-over turning into a hazard.
- Shut off exterior faucets. After making sure they are completely drained, turn off the water supply to hoses, sprinklers and more. This prevents pipes from bursting when the water freezes and expands.
- Want a great lawn come spring? Now’s the time to aerate, reseed and apply a winter fertilizer to your green spaces. This will ensure you have better root growth next year.
- Clean soil out of planters and move fragile planters inside.
- Check that all handrails are secure and look for potential hazards around mailbox areas and other common spaces.
- Create a snow removal plan. Know how you are going to handle the snow and who’s going to handle it.
Fall can be a great time to prepare your commercial property for the upcoming winter. For assistance in crossing this task off your winter checklist, contact Martin John Company. As the leading landscaping firm in the Lake Forest area, we help property owners take care of all their outdoor needs. We offer a comprehensive list of services all designed to help you maintain a healthy, beautiful lawn. Contact us today to learn more.