While it may not feel like the winter season is coming, it will be here in Chicago before we know it. Now’s a great time to make sure your outdoor space is ready for winter. Prepping for the cooler months not only keeps your landscaping healthy but also ensures a safe and hazard-free property.
There are many reasons to get your lawn in tip-top shape before the winter season arrives. First, it helps protect your lawn and plants from harsh weather conditions. It provides a level of defense against those frigid temperatures and freezing precipitation. Prepping your property also allows you to assess future hazards that could arise. Broken gutters, overhanging branches, and cracked sidewalks can all become dangers when ice and frigid temperatures arrive.
At Martin John Company we want to help our clients enjoy a safe and worry-free winter season. Here are some of our top tips for getting your outdoor space ready for winter:
• Do some dormant pruning. Winter is a great time to remove dead branches and reshape your overgrown plants.
• Improve soil water intake and the benefits of fertilization by aerating your lawn.
• Fix leaky gutters and downspouts before they lead to icy patches on your walkways and driveway.
• Get the salt ready. Salt helps reduce the amount of ice buildup. Stock up now before the drizzle arrives.
• Invest in a good shovel. Shoveling snow can be back-breaking work especially if you are using the wrong tools. New sleigh shovels make moving heavy loads easy while saving your back.
Getting your property winter-ready is important for a safe, worry-free season. If the busy holiday season has you lacking the time to take care of these tasks, consider hiring a professional landscaping contractor to do the work for you. The team at Martin John Landscaping offers many services for the winter months. From snow plowing and removal to dormant pruning, we work around the clock to ensure each of our clients enjoy a safe season. Visit our website to learn more about our expert residential and commercial landscaping services.
507 East Park Ave.
Libertyville, IL 60048